AX1800 Dual Band Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Router Supporting MU-MIMO and OFDMA Technology, with AiProtection Classic Network Security Powered by Trend Micro™, Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi System
- Next-Gen Wi-Fi Standard - Supporting the latest Wi-Fi standard 802.11AX (Wi-Fi 6) for better capacity and efficiency
- Ultra-fast Wi-Fi Speed - RT-AX55 supports 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections. With a total networking speed of about 1800Mbps - 574 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1201 Mbps on the 5GHz band.
- Increase Capacity and Efficiency - Supporting not only MU-MIMO but also OFDMA technique to efficiently allocate channels, communicate with multiple devices simultaneously
- Protection for Your Home Network - lifetime free AiProtection, powered by Trend Micro™, blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices.
- Better Partner with Mesh System - Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi system for seamless whole-home coverage.
- NitroQAM™ (1024-QAM) technology - NitroQAM™ (1024-QAM) technology enables a 25% data rate while the older standard is limited to 256-QAM.
Get Your Home Ready for Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
The growing number of connected personal and IoT devices has led to an overall increase in network density that is pushing the limits of the current Wi-Fi standard. The latest 802.11ax standard provides future-proof technologies, higher network efficiency, faster Wi-Fi speeds, greater coverage and improved battery life for connected devices, providing a significantly better networking experience for users.
* It requires 802.11ax-compatible devices to enjoy the benefits brought by 802.11ax Wi-Fi standard.
Next-Gen Wi-Fi Speed
RT-AX55 is a 2x2 dual-band Wi-Fi router that provides 80MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections. With a total networking speed of about 1800Mbps - 574Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1201Mbps on the 5GHz band - RT-AX55 is 1.5X faster than 802.11ac 2x2 dual-band routers.
* To benefit from Wi-Fi 6 features, the Wi-Fi client needs to be Wi-Fi 6 capable.
Built for Multi-device Households
With a revolutionary combination of OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology, 802.11ax technology provides up to 4X greater network capacity and efficiency in traffic-dense environments. Previous-generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi can only handle one device at a time on each network channel, which is an inefficient use of available bandwidth. OFDMA support in the 802.11ax Wi-Fi standard divides each channel into small sub-channels, allowing signals from multiple devices* to be bundled together and transmitted simultaneously, reducing latency for a smoother, more responsive Wi-Fi experience.
Protection for Your Home Network
RT-AX55 has lifetime free AiProtection Classic, powered by Trend Micro™ with automatic, regularly updated security signatures to protect your devices and personal data from internet threats. This strong security offers parental controls, including the ability to block specific websites and mobile app types.
Powerful Whole-home Wi-Fi System. The Way You Want.
In most cases, your RT-AX55 can deliver smooth, reliable Wi-Fi to every part of your home. But Wi-Fi coverage can be affected by many factors - room layout, construction materials, and even furnishings. ASUS AiMesh is an innovative new router feature that fixes these problems: it creates a whole-home Wi-Fi network using multiple ASUS routers. AiMesh is powerful, flexible and you can use a mix of ASUS router models - protecting your investment! AiMesh gives you time-saving central control, and seamless roaming capability. AiMesh is Wi-Fi you can rely on - for all your devices, all the time!
- Turn your ASUS routers into whole-home Wi-Fi system with a simple firmware update
- Mix and match preferred models from selected ASUS routers
- Create a WiFi network with either a single SSID or multiple SSIDs
- All router features works across the entire WiFi system
|Product||RT-AX55 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Wireless Gaming Router|
|Network Standard||IEEE 802.11a
|Product Segment||AC6100 ultimate AX performance: 400 + 867 + 4804 Mbps|
|Data Rates||802.11a: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps
802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mbps
802.11g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps
802.11n: up to 300 Mbps
802.11ac: up to 867 Mbps
802.11ax (2.4GHz): up to 574 Mbps
802.11ax (5GHz): up to 1201 Mbps
|Operating Frequency||2.4GHz / 5GHz|
|Transmit/Receive||2.4 GHz 2 x 2
5 GHz 2 x 2
|Processor||1.5 GHz Quad-core processor|
|Ethernet Ports||1 x RJ45 for 10/100/1000 BaseT for WAN
4 x RJ45 for 10/100/1000 BaseT for LAN
1 x RJ45 for 2.5G BaseT for WAN/LAN
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
|Wi-Fi Technology||OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access)
Beamforming: standard-based and universal
1024-QAM high data rate
20/40/80 MHz bandwidth
|Antennas||4 x External antennas|
|WAN Connection Type||Internet connection type:
Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE (MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
|Utilities||Router setup wizard; Firmware restoration; Device discovery|
|Buttons||WPS Button, Reset Button, Power Button|
|LED Indicators||1x Power
1x 2.5G Port
1x 5G Port
|I/O Ports||1x RJ45 for Gigabits BaseT for WAN
4x RJ45 for Gigabits BaseT for LAN
|Power Supply||Power adapter|
|Input||110-240 VAC, 50/60Hz|
|Output||DC 12V, with max. 1A / 2A current|
|Max. Power Consumption||N/A|
VPN server: PPTP Server, OpenVPN Server, IPSec server
VPN client: PPTP client, L2TP client, OpenVPN client
|OS Support||Windows® 10
Mac OS X 10.6 or above
iOS 9.0 or higher
|Encryption||WPA3-Personal, WPA2-Personal, WPA-Personal, WPA-Enterprise , WPA2-Enterprise, WPS support|
|Management||UPnP, IGMP v1/v2/v3, DNS Proxy, DHCP, NTP Client, DDNS, Port Trigger, Port Forwarding, DMZ, System Event Log|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||230 x 56 x 134 mm|
- Asus RT-AX55 AX1800 Dual-band Wi-Fi 6 Wireless Gaming Router
- Power Adapter
- RJ45 Ethernet Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card